Submitted by John T. Haller on June 25, 2012 - 7:48pm
PDFTK Builder Portable 3.6 Rev 2 has been released. PDFTK Builder Portable is the lightweight PDFTK Builder packaged as a portable app, so you can modify, split and watermark your pdfs wherever you go. This release improves the look of the interface, and has an improved launcher and installer. It's packaged in PortableApps.com Format so it can easily integrate with the PortableApps.com Platform. And it's open source and completely free.
Update automatically or install from the portable app store in the PortableApps.com Platform.
PDFTK Builder is a pdf manipulation utility for Windows with a great array of features including:
- Collate - allows you to rearrange (reorder, delete, & duplicate) pages in a single document and/or merge pages from multiple PDF documents.
- Split - allows you to separate each page of a PDF document into its own file.
- Background or Stamp - 'Background' enables you to add a background to each page in a document or just the first page. The 'background' (eg a company logo, or a 'draft' watermark) must be another PDF document (the first page of that document if it has more than one page). 'Stamp' is very similar to 'background' except that the 'stamp' is placed on top of the source document.
- Rotate - 'Rotate' enables you to rotate a range of pages in a document.
- Password Protection: The new document can be password protected (encrypted) by providing 'owner' and 'user' passwords. The 'owner' password does not stop users from reading the document, but it does restrict the actions that users can perform on that document - printing, copying, decrypting etc. Specifying a 'user' password will stop anyone without either 'user' or 'owner' passwords from opening and reading the document.
Learn more about PDFTK Builder or pdftk...
PortableApps.com Installer / PortableApps.com Format
PDFTK Builder Portable is packaged in a PortableApps.com Installer so it will automatically detect an existing PortableApps.com installation when your drive is plugged in. It supports upgrades by installing right over an existing copy, preserving all settings. And it's in PortableApps.com Format, so it automatically works with the PortableApps.com Platform including the Menu and Backup Utility.
PDFTK Builder Portable is available for immediate download from the PDFTK Builder Portable homepage. Get it today!