Description: Pencil is an open source diagram, GUI and web prototyping tool which features a simple interface, extensible collection of design objects and very fast development time. This is a standalone version of the Firefox addon which won Mozilla's Extend Firefox 3 contest of 2008.
Download Pencil Portable 2.0.2 Development Test 2 [20.4MB download / 56.4MB installed]
This app has now been officially released and is available from the official Pencil Project Portable page.
Please note: If you are upgrading from the 1.3.4 Dev Test 1 release you should rename your existing installation folder from PencilPortable to PencilProjectPortable before installation. This will ensure that all settings, stencils and templates installed in your previous version are kept, and that you are ready for future releases (and automatic updates should Pencil become official).
2.0.2 Development Test 2 (2012-10-22):
- Issue with requiring admin privileges on Win7 resolved
2.0.2 Development Test 1 (2012-10-15):
- Updated base app to latest version
- App icons updated to match new program icon
- Added 256px icon to appicon.ico
- Added appicon_128.png to package
- Updated content of DefaultData directory in line with new version
1.3.4 Development Test 4 (2012-10-10):
- Requires admin on modern Windows versions
1.3.4 Development Test 3 (2012-09-25):
- Added handling for %LOCALAPPDATA%\Pencil
1.3.4 Development Test 2 (2012-08-23):
- AppId and name changed to remove confusion with the other Pencil
- Updated to latest PortableApps.com Template, Launcher and Installer
- Added filetype associations to appinfo.ini ready for when the platform can automatically associate filetypes
1.3.4 Development Test 1 (2012-01-20): Initial release