PortableApps.com is proud to announce the release of Mozilla Firefox®, Portable Edition 3.6.10 in 16 languages. It's the latest Mozilla Firefox browser bundled with a PortableApps.com launcher as a portable app, so you can take your browser, bookmarks, settings and extensions on the go. This release updates Firefox to the current version. It's available in Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Dutch, English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Russian and Spanish (Spain and International). It's packaged in PortableApps.com Format so it can easily integrate with the PortableApps.com Suite. And, as always, it's open source and completely free.
PortableApps.com Platform 2.0 Beta 5 users who already have this app installed, simply click 'Check for Updates' in your PA.c Menu to update to the new version.
Mozilla®, Firefox® and the Firefox logo are registered trademarks of the Mozilla Foundation and are used under license.
Mozilla Firefox is a fast, full-featured web browser that's easy to use. It has lots of great features including popup-blocking, tabbed-browsing, integrated search, improved privacy features, automatic updating and more. Plus, thanks to the PortableApps.com launcher bundled in the Mozilla Firefox, Portable Edition, it leaves no personal information behind on the machine you run it on, so you can take your favorite browser along with all your favorite bookmarks and extensions with you wherever you go. Learn more about Mozilla Firefox...
New In Firefox 3.6
Firefox 3.6 is built on Mozilla's Gecko 1.9.2 web rendering platform, which has been under development since early 2009 and contains many improvements for web developers, add-on developers, and users. This version is also faster and more responsive than previous versions.
- Support for a new type of theme called Personas, which allow users to change Firefox's appearance with a single click.
- Protection from out-of-date plugins to keep users safer as they browse.
- Open, native video can now be displayed full screen and supports poster frames.
- The ability for web developers to indicate that scripts should run asynchronously to speed up page load times.
- Continued support for downloadable web fonts using the new WOFF font format.
- Support for new CSS attributes such as gradients, background sizing, and pointer events.
- Support for new DOM and HTML5 specifications including the Drag & Drop API and the File API, which allow for more interactive web pages.
- Changes to how third-party software can integrate with Firefox in order to prevent crashes.
If you allow Mozilla Firefox, Portable Edition to auto-update, some non-personal files may remain on the local PC. This will be addressed in a later release.
PortableApps.com Installer / PortableApps.com Format
Mozilla Firefox, Portable Edition is packaged in a PortableApps.com Installer so it will automatically detect an existing PortableApps.com installation when your drive is plugged in. And it's in PortableApps.com Format, so it automatically works with the PortableApps.com Suite including the Menu and Backup Utility.
Mozilla Firefox, Portable Edition is available for immediate download from the Mozilla Firefox, Portable Edition homepage. You can get the German release from the German homepage and the other localized releases from the Localization page. Get it today!