FreeCommander Portable 2009.02b has been released. FreeCommander is an easy-to-use alternative to the standard windows file manager with lots of advanced and helpful features. It's packaged as a portable app so you can bring it anywhere. This new release fixes some bugs in FreeCommander. It's packaged in PortableApps.com Format so it can easily integrate with the PortableApps.com Suite. It's released as freeware for personal and business use and packaged and distributed by the publisher of FreeCommander.
PortableApps.com Platform 2.0 Beta 5 users who already have this app installed, simply click 'Check for Updates' in your PA.c Menu to update to the new version.
FreeCommander Portable is made available directly by the publisher.
- Dual-panel technology - horizontal and vertical
- Tabbed interface
- Optional tree view for each panel
- Built in file viewer to view files in hex, binary, text or image format
- File viewer inside archives too
- Built in archive handling: ZIP (read, write), CAB (read, write), RAR (read)
- Nested archive handling
- Built in FTP client
- Easy access to system folders, control panel, desktop and start menu
- Copy, move, delete, rename files and folders
- Multi rename tool
- Wipe files
- Create and verify MD5 checksums
- File splitting
- File properties and context menu
- Calculation of folder size
- Folder comparison / synchronization
- Modification of file date and attributes
- Folder / program favorites
- File searching (inside archive too)
- File filters for display
- User defined columns for detailed view
- DOS command line
- Multiple language support
What's New In This Release
This release of FreeCommander includes some bugfixes.
PortableApps.com Installer / PortableApps.com Format
FreeCommander Portable is packaged in a PortableApps.com Installer so it will automatically detect an existing PortableApps.com installation when your drive is plugged in. It supports upgrades by installing right over an existing copy, preserving all settings. And it's in PortableApps.com Format, so it automatically works with the PortableApps.com Suite including the Menu and Backup Utility.
FreeCommander Portable is available for immediate download from the FreeCommander Portable homepage. Get it today!