web editing on the go
KompoZer Portable is an easy-to use web editor. KompoZer is an unofficial bug-fix release for Nvu (discontinued). KompoZer is no longer developed or supported.
KompoZer Portable works best with the PortableApps.com Platform
Nvu is an easy-to-use web editor similar to Microsoft Frontpage or Dreamweaver. It is based on the same Gecko engine that powers Firefox and Thunderbird and features an FTP site manager, color picker, tabbed interface, CSS editing, standard-compliant markup, fully customizable interface, a built-in spellchecker and more.
KompoZer is an unofficial bugfix release that fixes many of the outstanding bugs in Nvu 1.0. Learn more about KompoZer...
You can also post a note in the Nvu Portable/KompoZer Portable Support Forum.
Legacy Nvu Build
Download Nvu Portable 1.0 Rev 5 (no longer supported or recommended)
- Publisher: Nvu / Linspire team [and Kaze for KompoZer] & PortableApps.com (John T. Haller)
- Date updated: 2013-03-16
- System Requirements: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10, Wine on Linux/UNIX
- License: Free / Open Source (Launcher: GPL, Nvu: MPL)
- Source Code: Launcher (included), KompoZer, Nvu
- MD5 Hash: e511668e1999e2631b4e3a7da6c7d09d
Many thanks to Gerard Balagué (mai9) for the original code handling extension path rewriting in his FreeTheFox launcher and tracon for some of the original ideas with his fflaunch launcher. Thanks as well to FlashBanG and all the folks participating in the mozillaZine forum thread for their ideas, suggestions and support.