PortableApps.com is the world's most popular portable software solution allowing you to take your favorite software with you. A fully open source and free platform, it works from any synced cloud folder (DropBox, Google Drive, Box, etc), from your local PC on an internal or external drive, or on any portable storage device (USB flash drive, memory card, portable SSD or hard drive, etc) moved between PCs. With millions of users all over the world, over 400 real open source and freeware apps in our main app store (no shovelware), compatible commercial software, and partners in hardware industry, PortableApps.com is the most complete solution for life on the go.
PortableApps.com was founded by John T. Haller, the developer behind numerous portable applications including "Portable Firefox" which started the portable software trend. We've been making software portable since March 2004. Today, our team stands at over 100 developers, translators, application packagers, designers and release testers with millions of users and over 995 million apps downloaded. Our goal is to centralize the knowledge and development of portable software efforts and build a single, open platform which any software or hardware developer can use.
- Our Team - The managers, developers, translators and moderators behind the project
- Press Room - Background, logos, screenshots and contact information for press and reporters
- In The News - PortableApps.com in the news in print, on line and on air
- Sponsors - The wonderful sponsors of the PortableApps.com Platform
- Support - Support for the PortableApps.com Platform and portable apps
- Contact Us - Contact information for businesses, developers, press and volunteers