The PortableApps.com Development section is designed to provide resources to developers working with portable applications - both adaptations of existing apps as well as original apps designed to be portable.
Packaging Portable Apps
These links are useful for packaging software for portable use.
- PortableApps.com Format Specification 3.6 (2022-03-09) - the format used by all apps
- PortableApps.com Launcher - make apps portable without writing code.
- PortableApps.com Launcher Manual - How to use PAL
- PortableApps.com Application Template 3.6 (Download) - Commented config files and default launcher
- Suggestions for the PortableApps.com Application Template
- PortableApps.com Installer - the installer used for all apps in PortableApps.com Format
- PortableApps.com AppCompactor - make your apps smaller without affecting functionality
- Portable App Development Forum - get and give help with development of portable apps
- An Unfinished Beginner's Development and Packaging Guide
PortableApps.com Internal Development
These links contain information for our developers and testers.
- Test Releases - test releases of portable apps
- Apps Ready For Official Release - was retired, now being updated
- Upcoming .NET Apps - tracking .NET apps for release
- Translations Forum - discuss translations for the launcher, installer and menu
- PortableApps.com Platform Bug/Feature Tracker
- Bug Reports: Open Bugs, Fixed Bugs, Closed Bugs
- Official Apps Needing Format/Installer Updates
- Outdated Official Apps - Status of apps awaiting updates