Let's download and install the PortableApps.com Platform!
Note: If you got here from somewhere besides our download page, you can head to the download page first.
- On the previous page, you should have seen a download prompt in your browser.
If you did not see a download message, go back to the download page.
- If asked, select to save to a location where you can easily find the file like your Desktop or your Downloads directory.
- Once downloaded, run the file by double-clicking it from your Desktop or Downloads directory or single-clicking it in your browser's download manager.
- Select to Run the file at the security prompt noting that the publisher is listed as 'Rare Ideas, LLC', our awesome parent organization, indicating that it is digitally signed for your security.
- Follow the on-screen prompts for the platform installer, selecting the location you would like to install to.
Tip: It's best to install to the root directory if you're installing it to your portable device (D:\, E:\, or similar) or the base directory of your cloud drive (C:\Users\Username\Dropbox, C:\Users\Username\Google Drive, or similar) for easiest access.
- As you finish the installer, it will offer to automatically run the platform. Later, you can run Start.exe where you installed the platform to. Now it's time to enjoy using the PortableApps.com Platform and apps!
- Please make a donation so we can keep bringing you free software.