You are here

Beta Testing

Testing of beta versions of apps before public release.

Portable Apps Menu Lite

Submitted by crazy2be on August 23, 2008 - 12:01am

Having found the normal Portable Apps Menu heavy and lacking customizeability, i decided to do something about it. I present to you: Portable Apps Lite. The menu that provides more features and uses less resources.

Designed more for advanced users, it provides only a basic UI, but is capable of launching multiple apps with two keystrokes and can launch any apps or combination of apps you choose. comes with a readme.

comments, suggestions, feedback, etc.

GnuCash Portable 2.2.6 Pre-Release 1

Shawn Faucher's picture
Submitted by Shawn Faucher on August 20, 2008 - 10:58pm

Application: GnuCash
Category: Office
Description: GnuCash is a full featured accounting package originally developed for Linux and recently updated with cross-platform support for Windows. Its features include double-entry accounting, QIF/OFX/HBCI import, online banking support, reports and graphs, scheduled transactions and more. This release updates GnuCash to the newest stable release, 2.2.6. The installer has also been updated to 0.10.1.

iPhone 3G Theme Beta 1 [Testers and Modifers Needed!] Updated 8/20/2008

Submitted by leogx on August 19, 2008 - 11:42pm

-iPhone 3G Theme Beta 1
-Thanks 2 Bobert for some of the ideas for the iPhone 3G
-Compatible with XrX Mods

Preview here: http://www.freewebs.com/leogx/iphone3g.htm
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
iPhone 3G Theme Download

Zip Archive Download:
http://www.box.net/shared/forumekxjl

or

EXE Self Installer Download:
http://www.box.net/shared/oneimos9yz
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: in the installers u have to change "(DRIVE LETTER HERE)" to the drive letter

Essential PIM Launcher 2.7 Dev Test 1

Submitted by App Guy on August 19, 2008 - 4:00pm

My need more work but here it is.

Application: Essential PIM
Category: Utilities
Description: Essential PIM is a personal information manager.

Download Essential PIM 2.7 Development Test 1 [? download / ? installed]
(MD5: 551b00d9cd0eec55fb151df4f65ed72c)

Release Notes:

Development Test 1 (2008-03-04): Initial release

Lightscreen 0.5 Portable Pre Release 2

David Dixon II's picture
Submitted by David Dixon II on August 15, 2008 - 3:44pm

Application: Lightscreen
Category: Utilities
Description: Lightscreen allows you to create images of your desktop and even images of just windows alone, so you dont have to go threw the many steps just to save the desktop image.
Very useful tool.
Lightscreen 0.5 Portable Download [? download / ? installed]
(MD5: ?)

Previous Development Version:

How to get the r30 modified version to work?

Submitted by bubbleman on August 12, 2008 - 3:37am

I hope this is the right forum. I have a portableappsmenur30.zip file with a really cool update to the PortableApps.com launcher. I believe it was written by a Mr. Haller. I really like the features. I can get it to run, but I cannot seem to make it autolaunch like the released version no matter what I try. Also there are some duplicate files in the zip, along with some others who share a name. Any advice would be appreciated, and yes, I am not a programmer. But I'm trying to learn at least enough to help you guys test.

Thanks, and thanks for a great site.

RFC: Guidelines For Testing Portable Apps

John T. Haller's picture
Submitted by John T. Haller on August 11, 2008 - 9:34pm

I'm going to compile the guidelines for testing each portable app for the Testing Team and I'm looking for group input. Basically, it'll be:

1. Verify PortableApps.com Format followed with links to the Spec
  2. Verify no changes to local registry using Regshot (as admin, limited and guest user)
  3. Verify no files or directories left behind in APPDATA or Windows directories using Regshot or WinMerge (as admin, limited and guest user)

Pages