FreeCommander Portable 2017 Build 740 has been released. FreeCommander is an easy-to-use alternative to the standard windows file manager with lots of advanced and helpful features. It's packaged as a portable app so you can bring it anywhere. It's packaged in PortableApps.com Format so it can easily integrate with the PortableApps.com Platform. It's released as freeware for personal and business use.
FreeCommander Portable is made available directly by the publisher.
- Dual-panel technology - horizontal and vertical
- Tabbed interface
- Optional tree view for each panel
- Built in file viewer to view files in hex, binary, text or image format
- File viewer inside archives too
- Built in archive handling: ZIP (read, write), CAB (read, write), RAR (read)
- Nested archive handling
- Easy access to system folders, control panel, desktop and start menu
- Copy, move, delete, rename files and folders
- Multi rename tool
- Wipe files
- Create and verify MD5 checksums
- File splitting
- File properties and context menu
- Calculation of folder size
- Folder comparison / synchronization
- Modification of file date and attributes
- Folder / program favorites
- File searching (inside archive too)
- File filters for display
- User defined columns for detailed view
- DOS command line
- Multiple language support
PortableApps.com Installer / PortableApps.com Format
FreeCommander Portable is packaged in a PortableApps.com Installer so it will automatically detect an existing PortableApps.com installation when your drive is plugged in. It supports upgrades by installing right over an existing copy, preserving all settings. And it's in PortableApps.com Format, so it automatically works with the PortableApps.com Platform including the Menu and Backup Utility.
FreeCommander Portable is available for immediate download from the FreeCommander Portable homepage. Get it today!