Jarte Portable 6.1 has been released. Jarte is a lightweight, tabbed word processor based on the WordPad engine included with Windows. It's packaged in PortableApps.com Format so it can easily integrate with the PortableApps.com Platform. Jarte is freeware for business and personal use.
Jarte is packaged with permission from Carolina Road Software LLC
You expect a word processor to be able to handle Word documents, font and paragraph formatting, spell checking, print preview, and more. While Jarte performs all the standard functions well, the most important aspect of Jarte is the numerous small details that make it an efficient and enjoyable tool for creating documents. Small details like:
- Tabbed document windows for easy access to your open documents
- Larger buttons for the most commonly used functions
- Instant dictionary and thesaurus word lookup (integrates with free WordWeb)
- Spell check and text search tools that do not park themselves on top of the text you are trying to edit
- Single click bookmarking that make bookmarks both useful and usable
- Instant access to the documents and folders you designate as your favorites
- Instant access to the fonts you designate as your favorites
- Use of the mouse scroll wheel button to copy and paste text
PortableApps.com Installer / PortableApps.com Format
Jarte Portable is packaged in a PortableApps.com Installer so it will automatically detect an existing PortableApps.com installation when your drive is plugged in. It supports upgrades by installing right over an existing copy, preserving all settings. And it's in PortableApps.com Format, so it automatically works with the PortableApps.com Platform including the Menu and Backup Utility.
Jarte Portable is available for immediate download from the Jarte Portable homepage. Get it today!