CDex Portable 1.97 has been released. CDex is an audio extractor that can extract data directly from an audio CD. It's packaged in PortableApps.com Format so it can easily integrate with the PortableApps.com Platform. And it's open source and completely free.
- Supports multiple encoders (Lame MP3, Fraunhofer MP3, OGG, FLAC, etc)
- Direct recording of multiple tracks
- Read / store album information from/to a local and/or remote CD Database (CDDB)
- Support CD-Text (if your CD-drive supports it)
- Advanced jitter correction (based on the cd-paranoia ripping library)
- Indicates track progress and jitter control
- Normalization of audio signal
- Supports many CD-Drive from many manufacturers
- Conversion of external WAV files
- Support for M3U and PLS play list files
PortableApps.com Installer / PortableApps.com Format
CDex Portable is packaged in a PortableApps.com Installer so it will automatically detect an existing PortableApps.com installation when your drive is plugged in. It supports upgrades by installing right over an existing copy, preserving all settings. And it's in PortableApps.com Format, so it automatically works with the PortableApps.com Platform including the Menu and Backup Utility.
CDex Portable is available for immediate download from the CDex Portable homepage. Get it today!