A new version of CDex Portable has been released. CDex is an audio extractor that can extract data directly from an audio CD. It's packaged in PortableApps.com Format so it can easily integrate with the PortableApps.com Platform. It's free for personal and business use.
- Supports multiple encoders (Lame MP3, Fraunhofer MP3, OGG, FLAC, etc)
- Direct recording of multiple tracks
- Read / store album information from/to a local and/or remote CD Database (CDDB)
- Support CD-Text (if your CD-drive supports it)
- Advanced jitter correction (based on the cd-paranoia ripping library)
- Indicates track progress and jitter control
- Normalization of audio signal
- Supports many CD-Drive from many manufacturers
- Conversion of external WAV files
- Support for M3U and PLS play list files
Local Version Warning
The local version installer uses what is considered a malicious bundleware add-on that will be detected as such by several antivirus engines. The portable version downloads the local version installer but extracts the files from it without running the installer, protecting you from bundleware. The download may trigger a detection in your antivirus, however. The files extracted by the portable release are clean and a scan of them is linked to the from portable version's homepage.
PortableApps.com Installer / PortableApps.com Format
CDex Portable is packaged in a PortableApps.com Installer so it will automatically detect an existing PortableApps.com installation when your drive is plugged in. It supports upgrades by installing right over an existing copy, preserving all settings. And it's in PortableApps.com Format, so it automatically works with the PortableApps.com Platform including the Menu and Backup Utility.
CDex Portable is available for immediate download from the CDex Portable homepage. Get it today!