PortableApps.com is proud to announce that PortableApps.com Installer 3.7.2 has been released. The PortableApps.com Installer allows you to quickly package your portable apps in an easy-to-use installer without having to write or compile any code. This release fixes an issue with hash checks on second downloads in online installers. The PortableApps.com Format Specification and installer are available for outside developers to use and can be used freely with free open source and freeware applications. Commercial use is available by contacting PortableApps.com.
- Proven NSIS installer core
- Excellent compression for distribution
- Easy configuration with no coding required
- Multilingual with 86 locales
- Optional sections
- Automatic integration with the PortableApps.com Platform
- Works from command line and Send To (just pass the portable app's main directory, e.g. X:\PortableApps\FileZillaPortable)
- Interactive mode to assist with missing entries
- Licensed for use with free open source and freeware
- Commercial use by contacting PortableApps.com
The PortableApps.com Installer allows software publishers to package their apps using our popular tools. Open source projects can use our installer (and all source is included and licensed under the GPL) and release their own PAF files. Freeware publishers can also use our installer with no special permission needed for no charge. Commercial publishers can contact us for details.
Get Help Packaging for PortableApps.com
If you need help packaging your software in PortableApps.com Format or using the PortableApps.com Installer, just post a note to the Development Forum and we'll help you out.
PortableApps.com Installer / PortableApps.com Format
PortableApps.com Installer is packaged, appropriately, as a PortableApps.com Installer so it will automatically detect an existing PortableApps.com installation when your drive is plugged in. It supports upgrades by installing right over an existing copy, preserving all settings. And it's in PortableApps.com Format, so it automatically works with the PortableApps.com Platform including the Menu and Backup Utility.
The PortableApps.com Installer is available for immediate download from the PortableApps.com Installer homepage. Get it today!