A new version of KVIrc Portable has been released by PortableApps.com. KVIrc is an IRC chat client packaged as a portable app. KVIrc is a free portable full-featured IRC client packaged as a portable app, so you can chat on the go. This release fixes an issue with a leftover registry key and improves the launcher and installer. It's packaged in PortableApps.com Format so it can easily integrate with the PortableApps.com Platform. And it's open source and completely free.
- Full GUI Based configuration
- MDI floatable windows
- Built-in help browser
- Themes support (all configurable by GUI or scripting)
- Pseudo-transparency support (up to the desktop on KDE)
- Drag & Drop toolbar editing
- Activity Notifier Pop-Up
- Status bar with Applet support
- Unread text marker
- Multiserver connection
- Notify lists (yes, WATCH is supported)
- Ignore lists
- Registered users database
- Lag meter
- Configurable logging
- Standard DCC CHAT and SEND (with resume) support
- Extended DCC types: VOICE, RSEND, GET, RECV
- DCC CHAT over SSL
- DCC bandwidth limit (ability to set it "on the fly")
- Built-in scripting language interpreter (scalars, arrays and hashes; aliases; popups; events; scriptable toolbars; Perl support; Ability to translate scripts; Objects support in scripting language: yes, now you can do OOP)
PortableApps.com Installer / PortableApps.com Format
KVIrc Portable is packaged in a PortableApps.com Installer so it will automatically detect an existing PortableApps.com installation when your drive is plugged in. It supports upgrades by installing right over an existing copy, preserving all settings. And it's in PortableApps.com Format, so it automatically works with the PortableApps.com Platform including the Menu and Backup Utility.
KVIrc Portable is available for immediate download from the KVIrc Portable homepage. Get it today!