NSIS Portable 3.03 has been released. NSIS (Nullsoft Scriptable Install System) Portable is a professional open source system to create standard Windows installers (as well as our launchers) packaged as a portable app so you can create installers and launchers anywhere. It's packaged in PortableApps.com Format so it can easily integrate with the PortableApps.com Platform. And it's open source and completely free.
NSIS can create Windows installers that are capable of installing, uninstalling, setting system settings, extracting files, etc. Because NSIS is based on script files, you can create both simple and advanced installers. Its features include:
- Small overhead size
- Compatible with all major Windows versions
- Unique compression methods
- Multiple languages in one installer
- Many features and checks for the target system
- Custom dialogs and interfaces
- Plug-in system
- Support for web installation, file patching
- Project integration, different releases and automatic builds
- Easy and human readable file formats
- and more...
PortableApps.com Installer / PortableApps.com Format
NSIS Portable is packaged in a PortableApps.com Installer so it will automatically detect an existing PortableApps.com installation when your drive is plugged in. And it's in PortableApps.com Format, so it automatically works with the PortableApps.com Suite including the Menu and Backup Utility.
NSIS Portable is available for immediate download from the NSIS Portable homepage. Get it today!