GIMP Photoshop Layout is an add-on for GIMP Portable (as well as standard GIMP on any operating system) that adjusts GIMP's standard dock/toolbox settings and sets GIMP to single window mode to more closely approximate the standard layout of Adobe Photoshop.
- Support PortableApps.com's development and hosting
As seen in the screenshot, the layout of the right-hand toolbox has been adjusted to more closely approximate the layout of Adobe Photoshop, making GIMP easier to use for users already familiar with that layout. Some items had to be moved (Brushes, for instance, since GIMP doesn't have a top toolbar). Others had to be combined due to lack of space.
Here are a few tips for getting the add-on up and running:
- Installing (GIMP Portable): The add-on is installed just like any other portable app. Just select your GIMPPortable directory (which the installer should find automatically) and let it do the rest.
- Installing (Standard GIMP): There is also a zip download (linked just below the download button) which works with regular GIMP on Windows, Mac and Linux. In Windows, unzip it to your C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\.gimp-2.6 directory. On a Mac, the directory is home/.gimp-2.6/ (and it is hidden by default). On Linux, the directory is ~/.gimp-2.6/ and it may be hidden as well. You may wish to save a backup of your original layout by renaming it sessionrc-backupbeforepslayout.
- Uninstalling: To remove the plugin in GIMP Portable, simply run the uninstaller (linked just below the download button). Or delete sessionrc from your settings file and then rename sessionrc-backupbeforepslayout to sessionrc.
- File size: 0.1MB (download), 0.1MB (installed)
- Publisher: PortableApps.com (John T. Haller) and the GIMP team
- Date updated: 2012-05-07
- System Requirements: Windows XP/Vista/7
- License: Free / Open Source (GPL)
- Source Code: Installer (included), Uninstaller source
- MD5 Hash (for the geeks): 0ce2d9e5373464f32ce4d74960423cec