WelcomeWelcome to the Registry Rapper project page, I hope this project helps you and so many people like you. This program is for those looking to make portable freedom a reality.
About Registry RapperRegistry Rapper is a template for allowing the use of programs that save their settings to the reigstry as portable applications. First it will check the registry for settings of the program and then save them if present. Then it will write the settings for the program to the registry, run the program and then rewrite the registry settings to a file for later use. It will then delete the settings from the registry; removing any trace of the program. Finally rewritting the original current local settings back to the registry. This program is a registry encapsulation program, which takes care of all the registry settings a program might need to run and make sure nothing is left behind on the host system. Allowing programs that were not created is portable (i.e saving their settings to .ini files within the program folder) to be used as portable.
Download and Support Links
- All search terms and setup information stored in an .INI file in the application directory
- Rap up registry key information within the program application folder
- Multi Registry Key search - Searches both the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_CURRENT_USER Registry trees
- Searches for and backs up any local program installation of the portable program
- Saves the found registry information to a .INI file within the settings directory
- Please follow the setup instructions in the readme.txt file for setup with you non-portable program
- If the program cannot find the registry entries, please follow the "Finding Registry Key Info" instructions in the readme.txt file
- Any Problems or situations encountered please post them to the forum questions section above
- Add functionality to saved more than one registry key to a .REG file
- Add functionality to use only one instance of RegRapper.exe
- Create GUI frontend to fill in and create the settings.ini file for the users
- Fix any problems found
|Version||New Editions and Changes||Release Date|