PortableApps.com AppCompactor 3.1.0 has been released. It allows you to easily compress applications to decrease size on disk and increase performance when running from slow media like flash drives without affecting functionality. Though intended for developers, some advanced end users may also find it useful. This release adds the latest UPX release. It's packaged as a portable app, so you can shrink your apps on the go. It's packaged in PortableApps.com Format so it can easily integrate with the PortableApps.com Platform. And it's open source and completely free.
- Proven UPX binary compressor
- 7-Zip compression of archives
- Multiple compression levels
- Automatic testing of compressed files
- Add inclusions/exclusions using PortableApps.com Format
- Compression of DLL, EXE, ZIP, JAR, IRC, PYD and BINs in all directories
- Automatically skip launcher if selecting PortableApps.com Format apps' base directory
- Automatic exclusion of Visual C runtimes and Qt image handlers
- Saving up to 50% or more installed space of many apps
- Faster application starts from flash drives
- The same technology we use in OpenOffice.org Portable, Pidgin Portable, GIMP Portable and more!
PortableApps.com Installer / PortableApps.com Format
PortableApps.com AppCompactor is packaged in a PortableApps.com Installer so it will automatically detect an existing PortableApps.com installation when your drive is plugged in. It supports upgrades by installing right over an existing copy, preserving all settings. And it's in PortableApps.com Format, so it automatically works with the PortableApps.com Platform including the Menu and Backup Utility.
PortableApps.com AppCompactor is available for immediate download from the PortableApps.com AppCompactor homepage. Get it today!