I suggest the following features for the next version:
1. A settings menu - PortableApps has a few settings that are edited through an ini file it will be nicer to have a setttings menu for them.
2. Select applications for auto languages switching - PortableApps version 1.5 added support for switching of application languages according to the menu language.
I want to be able to select applications that will not switch instead of only behing able to disable it completely.
Since a few application i use have nasty translations to my language and i want them to stay in english, yet i still want to be able to use the auto language switching for other applications.
3. Categories/tree view of applications - it will be useful when you have many application or application with many icons on the menu (eg. openoffice).
I saw that there are mods to the menu that accomplish this but i wish this feature will be in the normal PortableApps menu.
4. Option to change icon of drive - You can change the title of the drive via the bottom left corner but i also want to be able to change its icon which is by default the portable apps icon to a diffrent icon or the default icon for a portable drive. (Pheraps in a settings menu? :P)
5. More a bug report than a feature but the border that appeared when you hover around the spot for the personal picture in the menu doesnt appear anymore (version 1.5)
6. Portable file associations - It would be nice if PortableApps changed the systems file associations to point to the portable applications.
It will probably require the portable applications to specify which file types to point to them and it will also require to handle cases when permissions are not avalible to preform this. A bonus would be to also allow creating custom overrides so you can for example create file associations for "mailto:" links to gmail.