[Edit: This thread is outdated, please go look for the new one.
are probably what you want.]
In order to be fully PAF compliant without ugly installer hacks I had to remove the following installer features.
- Copying a local profile
- Using UPX to compress the downloaded/copied Chrome
- Copying a local Chrome
- Selecting the install version at install time
- Not installing the DOM Inspector
- Not installing Additional Languages
- Enabling the "First Run" Chrome dialog
But other than all that everything is great!
Some new stuff too:
- Cleaned up license info
- Cleaned up HTML help and made it nicer
- Less clutter in Other\Source
- Scary dev splash screen.
- Simpler installer
- Full PAF compliance
- A NSIS download plugin that makes a new progress bar and cancel button because the existing ones are too good for it (?!?!)
NOTE: Back up plugins and dictionaries before upgrading. Because of a limitation in PAF I had to change the name of the App\Chrome directory to App\Chrome-bin so App\Chrome will be wiped away along with any plugins or dictionaries in there.
Now for the downloads
Note on the Dev branch: Animated GIFs are broken in this build.