Hello Steve, a few issues I've encountered:
- In Sync mode, the progress window shows two errors for each file:
- Failed to open for writing (error 5: access denied)
- Failed to modify file times (error 5: access denied)
This happened with every file, both on a remote to local sync, and remote to remote; and no matter if the files had to be updated or not. (Obviously I do have access to those paths.)
To add weirdness, despite the erros Toucan did copy all files except one, and could change file times to most of them, although a couple directories did not have their timestamps changed.
- Regarding that one file it didn't copy, I have to mention Preview did detect it as a candidate to be updated, but progress window showed a "failed to copy" error. The file itself wasn't anything special, an mdb like 7 others which were sync'ed successfully.
- Backing up (7z format), the progress window freaks out when file names have accents; output lines are chopped, characters are missing and the whole log becomes an unreadable mess. It might be 7-zip's fault though, I don't know, because when sync'ing the file names are displayed correctly.
- Running a script composed of a sync job and a backup job, the progress bar reached its end quite a while before the script actually finished.
- Having selected the "remember entered information" checkbox, when I open Toucan, in the Backup tab, it does remember compression format (7z) and level slider (ultra), but caption reads "default".
- Lastly, I don't know what settings are being used with 7z on ultra compression, but perhaps there's something wrong with them, because manually compressing my test directory with 7z (ultra mode, but not tweaking any other setting) I obtain a 3 Mb file, while compressing that very same directory via Toucan yields a 30 Mb file.
Let me thank you again for all of your time, I hope you can fix all this stuff easily.