Please portablize the Class Folder/Archive settings on each OOP startup.
I understand the launcher is designed to find Java either on the host machine or in one of two standard folders within the PortableApps structure. That works great, but it also blanks the Class Folder/Archive settings in the process, which breaks features in Base associated with client-server database access through Base and OpenOffice data sources.
Specifically, it breaks OpenOffice access to Java classes in 'javasettings_Windows_x86.xml' ...
It changes this line:
userClassPath xsi:nil="false" C:\PortableApps\OpenOfficePortable\App\openoffice\Basis\program\classes;C:\PortableApps\OpenOfficePortable\App\openoffice\Basis\program\classes\hsqldb.jar
Into this line:
Perhaps this logic would work:
(1) Read the existing 'javasettings_Windows_x86.xml' file during launch, and parse the 'userClassPath' entry to determine the filename of each jar file specified in the string.
(2) Do the normal magic and rewrite this file as you do now, but with one addition...
(3) Use the 'OpenOfficePortable' folder path to further generate the path to the 'classes' folder.
(4) Assume all jar files will/must be stored in the standard 'classes' folder (as shown above).
(5) Use this path to the 'classes' folder to build the folder and jar file strings for each file found in step 1.
(6) Save the generated strings to the key in the new 'javasettings_Windows_x86.xml' file.
This should effectively portablize 'userClassPath' settings.
Thank you for this consideration.