Application: PAM Theme Builder Portable
License: Open Source
Description: ThemeBuilder is a tool to help you create Themes for 2.0b5, by displaying the theme as you edit the files that make up the theme. When finished, you can package it as a .patheme file, ready for installation in PAM 2.0b5.
A Portable Apps Platform Theme is made up of multiple png files: for the background, the scrollbars, the buttons, and the progress bars, as well as the folder icons. Also, the PATheme.ini file controls the colors and other aspects of the theme. Creating a theme is as easy as editing these files, but normally it's hard to see how they fit together without installing the theme. The PAM Theme Builder assembles those files as a mockup of the platform, so you can immediately see what the final theme will look like. PAM Theme Builder also has a built-in function to package your finished theme as a .patheme file.
Download PAM Theme Builder Portable 0.3.1.7 [6.7MB download / 9.8MB installed]
0.3.1.7(19NOV2010): Fixed images' alignments so they match PAM exactly. Fixed Batch Open and Select Images screens bug. Recoded the PATheme.INI editor functions to prevent error listed by PortableManiac. Better error handling when user puts in a nonsense color value. Added a mutual exclusivity proc so you can either edit the INI manually, or use the controls on the right, but not both at the same time (ijitproofery). Improved stability. Zipped source code in Other for smaller footprint (saves ~5MB of installed size!).
0.3.1.6(12NOV2010): Some minor bugfixes. Added Netbook mode to better fit on screen of 600px height. Full FF00FF transparency included, displays exactly like Platform. Added ability to package only selected images into the theme. Batch Open screen and Select Images screen show current images. Added Photoreal icon pack in Example Themes.
0.3.1.4(06NOV2010): Fixed Open/Package path bug. Improved help viewer. Added a Batch Image Open function.
0.3.1.2 (02NOV2010): Fixed Bug to reset Toggle BG and Chrome. Users can now browse for custom image editor, even non-portable. Added several alternate 'Personal Pics' that can be switched by clicking.
0.3.1.1 (31OCT2010): PNG images can now be opened directly in image editor. Users can choose default portable image editor in preferences. Example personal picture can be toggled on and off. PATheme.ini updates automatically when color picker changes. Support for IconPacks added. Help file added.
Repackaged using the official format, compactor, launcher, and installer.
License file added as recommended by JTH.
0.2.1.2 (27OCT2010): Embedded the INI editor into the app. Added Color pickers. INI file is automagically updated as you change options. Reduced file size by removing redundant embedded images. Super Monkey Bicycle Awesome.
0.2.1.1 (25OCT2010): Totally recoded in Lazarus/OpenPascal. Added ability to toggle chrome files and background files.Changed version numbering system as suggested by Chris.
0.1 DevTest 3 (15OCT2010): Fixed a switch in the packaging batch file to add menu_icons folder
0.1 DevTest 2 (14OCT2010): Changed to DevTest as I am still adding features.
Added ability to re-open .pathemes stored in /Data/Output.
Added "PlainTemplate.patheme" stored in /Data/Output.
0.1 beta 1 (14OCT2010): Initial release
- Chrome values are not quite right. Since the PATheme.ini file is case sensitive, the correct values are "white", "dark" and "custom". For now, manually edit the case in the INI Editor and save the file before packaging.
- Does not Open or Package Themes to the Windows 7 Libraries shortcuts. You can still access these folders using Windows Explorer.
- When editing INI file manually, it only likes hexidecimal values (000000-FFFFFF) for colors. It generally handles this error gracefully, but if you put in a whole lotta gobbledygook in the INI file, you can crash it.
- If you go to Batch Open images, and you have no image editor selected, it prompts you with Preferences, but if you don't change it to a valid value, the program can hang. Restart fixes it. You can prevent this by setting an image editor in Preferences before you try to open any images for editing.
- Need more user feedback
- Make (more) Icon Packages