Here is a quick and easy method for anyone interested in making Simple File Shredder portable.
1. Head over to scar5 and download sfs v3.2 (http://www.scar5.com/index.htm)
2. Head over to legroom.net and download universal extractor (http://www.legroom.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Open_Source&file=inde...)
3. Use Universal Extractor to extract the contents of sfs_setup.exe
4. From the extraction take simplefleshrd.exe (/), regsvr32.exe (/$SYSDIR), and secdel.dll (/$SYSDIR) and place them in a seperate folder called "Simple File Shredder Portable" (or whatever really)
5. Place a file in the "Simple File Shredder Portable" folder called launch_sfs.bat that reads:
regsvr32 /s secdel.dll
regsvr32 /s /u secdel.dll
Done. SFS must always be launched from the batch file otherwise it won't work. I would just offer the final product for download, but i'm unsure of SFS' licenses and distribution policies.
Also please note a file is still created in C:\Documents and Settings\(USERNAME)\Application Data\scar5\sfs called admin.dat (for me at least). I believe this is profile data that is created when the program is closed, but i'm not sure about this.