I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong area, but what I have a question about the PortableApps.com Automatic Updater and the App Store, if you feel it needs to be moved, please feel free!
The question is, what happens when you use the Automatic Updater and the App Store? Does it download the actual .paf.exe files, or does it do it from source? If it downloads the .paf.exe files, where does it store the files to? Does it delete the install files after they've been used? I was wondering that because I usually like to have copies of the installation files to save having to re-download again (especially big programs like LibreOffice or OpenOffice). Maybe for a future update, if it does download the .paf.exe files, have the option of a folder for people to download the install files to. If it downloads from source or deletes the install files, I think I'll stick with downloading the files through the website.
Oh, and by the way, I'm doing a post on my blog about the great PortableApps.com Platform, so you can expect it there in the next few days, or during next week!
Thanks to anyone who can answer my questions!
1. Yes, the installers are downloaded (alongside with the files downloaded by online installers).
2. I don't know where the files are downloaded. I guess it's on the Temporary Internet Files folder.
3. Yes, the downloaded files are deleted on exit.
4. I've already suggested keeping the downloaded files. Maybe that feature will be on the next release of the installer and the Platform.
5. Thank you for the blog post!
Previously known as kAlug.