can you make a Box.net app (Box.net is completely different from Dropbox) that will stream portable apps on whatever computer your on. The problem with Dropbox is
1. It only offers 2 GB for free
2. Takes a long time to download all your apps
3. Because it has to download and install the Dropbox app plus all your apps, it leaves a trace on the computer you're using
Some advantages with a Portable Box.net streamer would be
1. Instant access to all your apps without downloading or installing something
2. Allows you to store 5 GB of apps (or more if you pay, I got a 50 GB account)
3. Box has an extremely fast server so it can be as fast as a keydrive if you make the right tools, downloading from the site in my experience was up to 2 MB per second, maybe more if you have a really fast connection.
4. More importantly, I think Box.net pays app developers to put apps on their site and that could support the expansion of the project even further and make more great apps for my keydrive (I mainly am looking for games but many other apps are great too).
I don't see their software as a suitable candidate for portablization. From their Terms of Service:
So, basically, by installing their software you give them right to do whatever they want on your desktop if they regard it as part of providing "the Services" or as updating the software.
No typin th las lette ca sav yo plent o spac
5. You may not attempt to modify, translate, adapt, edit, copy, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any software used or provided by Box in connection with the Box Site or Services.
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” Dr. Seuss
After upgrading to Windows 10 I can no longer access my apps. Tried to reinstall PortableAPPs and it failed to load. Any one been able to get it to work?
The platform and all apps have been tested and work without issue on Windows 10. If your cloud drive isn't fully synced... meaning the files aren't all completely downloaded to your local drive... the apps will not work.
Not sure why you posted in here as this is a topic about making a portable version of Box's app.
Sometimes, the impossible can become possible, if you're awesome!