I need to start working on my personal projects more. I have Steam and Minecraft launchers in the works that need some TLC and then a nice release. For now, have an improved Google Chrome Portable launcher.
Application: Google Chrome
Description: Google Chrome Portable is a web browser that runs web pages and applications with lightning speed. It's designed to be simple and stylish. It's packaged as a portable app, so you can take your browsing experience with you.
Download Google Chrome Portable Developer Test [1.4MB download / ~80-90MB installed]
The link above goes to the directory where I periodically upload development tests. Newest builds are at the top, and I compiled new Stable and Beta builds (right now at the moment Dev is the same version as Beta).
[Edit: Converted to a PAL-made launcher!]
[Edit: Fixed a critical bug and gave Portable Passwords the ability to import old databases. Also remove shortcuts from the desktop that Chrome may create when you mess with multiple profiles (it was doing it on one computer but not another, not sure why, maybe it creates shortcuts in XP not 7? I dunno). I was told it also creates shortcuts in Quick Launch bit I did not see this on either computer I tested with so currently the launcher won't look there. I also tweaked the install-time license message a bit since I was adding another entry in there anyway, let me know if I changed something dumb.]
- Ported to PortableApps.com Launcher 2.2 beta 1
- Updated to PortableApps.com Installer 2.0.9
- 16.0.912.75 Stable, 17.0.963.33 Beta, 18.0.1003.1 Dev
- Canary download URL is no longer static so the installer for it is not as useful and will not be distributed for now. You can always drop in a Canary build into App\chrome-bin though.
- Chrome icons updated to new style.
- Removed Google Update Chrome version registry hack in favor of cleaner command line switch.
- Add various command line switches to help suppress portable-unfriendly behavior.
- Fixed GCP exiting when Chrome restarted itself instead of properly waiting.
- GoogleChromePortable.ini format and options have changed, see Other\Source for the new template. Some options have moved to App\AppInfo\Launcher's ini but changing these is now considered unsupported so take care.
- Incognito option for INI imported from Iron Portable
- Portable Passwords converted from an ANSI plugin to a Unicode plugin, and it now works exclusively with UTF-16 strings so there should be no more problems with passwords in UTF-16 not being remembered. Old ANSI databases will be converted over for you.
- Chrome may create shortcuts on the desktop when creating new profiles using Chrome's multi-profile feature. These shortcuts are now detected and removed when you exit Chrome.