December 4, 2012 - 12:43pm
Dolphin Emulator Portable 5.0 Pre-Release 1
Application: Dolphin Emulator
Description: Dolphin is an emulator for two recent Nintendo video game consoles: the GameCube and the Wii. It allows PC gamers to enjoy games for these two consoles in full HD (1080p) with several enhancements: compatibility with all PC controllers, turbo speed, networked multiplayer, and even more!
Download Dolphin Emulator Portable 5.0 Pre-Release 1 [8MB download / 28MB installed]
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why are there a lot of DLLs that doesn't come in the official release and builds from dolphin-emu.org?
- Those additional DLLs must be bundled for app-local deployment of Visual C++ 2015 compiled apps (like Dolphin) and some DirectX runtimes must be bundled as well to make Dolphin Emulator fully portable.
Is this PAL compatible with the current development versions? How can I update?
- Yes, it is. As Dolphin development are quite active and new builds come almost every day, this installer ships with the latest official stable release (currently 5.0) and it's up to the user to update it to a newer development build if they want. To use this launcher with development builds released after 5.0, just download the build you want directly from the official website and unzip its contents in App\Dolphin, always overwriting any files and folders that already exist. Any build released before 5.0 (regardless of being a stable release or not) is not supported and won't work.
I manually updated to a newer development version of Dolphin and PortableApps Menu Language Switching feature isn't working anymore. Why?
- Starting with version 5.0-823, Dolphin now uses ISO 639 locale codes when storing its language settings. To make this PAL compatible, you need to manually edit the launcher's INI file with some replacements (already bundled with this PAL). Read the commented section at the end of "DolphinEmulatorPortable\App\AppInfo\Launcher\DolphinEmulatorPortable.ini" for more details on what you should do to restore language switching feature on those newer builds.
5.0 Pre-Release 1 (2016-09-13):
- Updated to Dolphin 5.0
- As Dolphin is now a 64-bit only application, the launcher now checks the OS and abort if running on a 32-bit PC
- Due the high amount of changes in Dolphin itself, this release will only work with Dolphin 5.0 or development builds released after it
- Following Dolphin changes, DSP and IPL ROM dumps should be stored directly in Data\User\GC. If you had them stored previously in App\ROMs, they'll get wiped during the update, so make a backup before updating to this release
- Automatic language switching based on PAM settings is now supported
- Multiple portable and local instances can be executed concurrently without any issue now
- Many under-the-hood improvements to make the launcher more stable and reliable
- DirectX Portable dependency removed (it's abandoned and can't even be downloaded anymore). For compatibility purposes, the launcher can still load the required runtimes from it if they're not found elsewhere and you still have DirectX Portable installed
- Updated EULA: now using RTF format and in addition to DirectX EULA, Visual C++ 2015 EULA added as well
4.0.2 Development Test 2 (2013-12-03):
- Updated to Dolphin 4.0.2.
- DSP and IPL ROM dumps are properly handled again (updated the launcher to use the new locations from Dolphin 4.x)
- XAudio2 is now properly handled and a portable copy can be used by running the launcher with administrative privileges. The launcher also warns the user now if XAudio2 is selected in an environment it isn't available
- All directory moves are handled correctly now
- The launcher now correctly detects the presence of the needed DirectX DLLs and handle it accordingly, either using a bundled copy, a local copy or the DirectX Portable install
- Added a feature to prevent storage device entering sleep state (see the launcher's Readme.txt for more details)
- Updated help files and EULA
- First run delay on slow devices fixed by moving the folders instead of copying them
- Both variants (x86 and x64) are mandatory now and Multilanguage support became optional
- Overall size reduced. Many duplicated files between 32 and 64 bit builds were merged to CommonData folder
- User can now enable backward compatibility by adding LegacyMode entry in the launcher's INI, bringing back correct DSP and IPL ROM dumps handling for Dolphin builds older than 3.5-2381 (see the launcher's Readme.txt for more details)
4.0 Development Test 1 (2013-10-01):
- Updated to Dolphin 4.0. Please note that this version may have issues with the DSP and IPL dumps. A completely new launcher will come soon with all features and bugfixes needed to be released as official
3.5 Development Test 2 (2013-02-21):
- Dropped online installer in favour of DirectX End-User Runtimes Portable
- Custom code completely rewritten
- CLI argument passing is working again
- The installer is now fully compatible with PortableApps Updater
- Removed Run As Admin requirement
3.5 Development Test 1 (2012-12-24):
- Updated Dolphin to 3.5 Stable
3.0 Development Test 3 Rev 2 (2012-12-18):
- XAudio2 backend now works properly (requires administrative privilegies)
- Fixed some issues that would occur when the optional x64 build weren't installed
- Some code refactoring
3.0 Development Test 3 (2012-12-13):
- Prevent breaking Microsoft EULA by downloading the files during the install and by including the DirectX EULA
- The 64 bit variant install is now optional
- The settings and ROM dumps are now properly handled by the installer: they won't get deleted anymore during an app update
- Full support for command line argument passing through the Launcher
- Updated help file and other related stuff from "Other" folder
3.0 Development Test 2 (2012-12-07):
- Proper handling for the DSP LLE required ROM files and the optional GameCube IPL files
3.0 Development Test 1 (2012-12-04):