You are here

[Fixed] Please check and fix the all language version of v4.3.0

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
TheDutchJewel
TheDutchJewel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
Joined: 2012-07-24 14:03
[Fixed] Please check and fix the all language version of v4.3.0

What happend with the all language version of v4.3.0? It opens with the same setup as the normal version, it opens with English and I can't choose Dutch. Also after installing is the Dutch language not available.

Whith v4.2.5 everything works fine.

Please check and fix the all language version of v4.3.0.

John T. Haller
John T. Haller's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 37 min ago
AdminDeveloperModeratorTranslator
Joined: 2005-11-28 22:21
Just Install

It's a packaging error with the installer. Just install in English then fire it up and select Dutch for the UI and dictionary. ALl the languages are included.

Sometimes, the impossible can become possible, if you're awesome!

TheDutchJewel
TheDutchJewel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
Joined: 2012-07-24 14:03
Dutch isn't available in User Interface options

>Just install in English then fire it up and select Dutch for the UI and dictionary
Dutch isn't available in Options > Language Settings > Languages > User Interface...

thedutchjewel.freehostia.com

John T. Haller
John T. Haller's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 37 min ago
AdminDeveloperModeratorTranslator
Joined: 2005-11-28 22:21
It Is

I just installed the MultilingualAll version and Dutch is included along with all other languages as seen here. Every single language from the standard LibreOffice installer is included.

Be sure you're installing MultilingualAll and DO NOT check Remove Additional Languages in the installer. If you check that, it will remove Dutch.

A fixed installer has already been sent to the LibreOffice folks. Just waiting on them posting it.

Sometimes, the impossible can become possible, if you're awesome!

TheDutchJewel
TheDutchJewel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
Joined: 2012-07-24 14:03
Reinstall worked for the UI options

I just reinstalled it again (yesterday I tried it already twice), and now Dutch and all other languages are available! Maybe it was a problem with avast, just like Das Plum posted (https://portableapps.com/node/42111).

Thanks for the help, and I'm looking forward for the fixed installer.

thedutchjewel.freehostia.com

John T. Haller
John T. Haller's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 37 min ago
AdminDeveloperModeratorTranslator
Joined: 2005-11-28 22:21
AllFixed version posted

This is fixed in the MultilingualAllFixed package which is now the default for languages not included in the Normal package within the platform. Apologies for the mixup.

Sometimes, the impossible can become possible, if you're awesome!

alternat
alternat's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 4 months ago
Joined: 2014-10-16 13:56
I cannot change UI

I cannot change UI language.
I downloaded and installed the multilanguage full complete total edition (kidding) and the base language is english as it should.
I go to tools/options/language settings/languages, choose Italian for UI language, the program tells me to restart, I do and it is still english...
where's the trick?

post scriptum: version 4.3.2.2
previous version was fine.

John T. Haller
John T. Haller's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 37 min ago
AdminDeveloperModeratorTranslator
Joined: 2005-11-28 22:21
Platform

If you're using the PA.c Platform, it will switch languages to use whatever the platform is set to. When run solo, you can switch it within the app, close it*, then run it again.

* Note that closing will take a bit as LibreOffice is a big app. You can check Task Manager to be sure that it's closed before starting again. Or watch your drive activity light.

Sometimes, the impossible can become possible, if you're awesome!

alternat
alternat's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 4 months ago
Joined: 2014-10-16 13:56
well, no.the PortableApps

well, no.
the PortableApps Platform is set to Italian, and the "use this language for all apps" is checked.
I'll try to change language launching LO outside of PA.

edit: unchecking "use this language..." from PA Platform options did the job.
Most likely the bug is in the platform language settings.
thanks for attention.

Log in or register to post comments