Just a boatload of features and other things I suggest to be added/integrated with the Portable Apps Menu.
1. Have a little feature that can restrict files on all the drives (including the thumbdrive that the menu runs off of.) to launch only using the apps in the menu.
(similar in concept to AppSnapper ( the link: http://software.u3.com/Product_Details.aspx?ProductId=244&Selection=8&La... )
Also with this feature make it easy for other to write scripts to use the feature with their own Portable apps.
Note: AppSnapper costs some money.
2. Make a wallpaper swapping feature like the one here: http://software.u3.com/Product_Details.aspx?ProductId=191&Selection=8&La...
And make the feature compatible with other image formats like .png .jpeg .gif etc.
3. Make the menu so it can find and install updates for the apps on the menu.
Like the update feature of this http://sourceforge.net/projects/zpin/
4. Give the upcoming theme feature a user interface ( like Firefox's)
5. Make something that makes the Portable Apps menu automatically launch with-out having to click anything. Kinda like how U3 makes a CD partion of the thumbdrive but make the menu uninstallable without an uninstaller if you do this (unlike U3 in which you hafta download an uninstaller to eradicate it.)
6. Make the tools menu of the menu a swiss-army knife of tools. Add things like a pie chart of the space taken by the Portable apps ( and the menu) and the rest of the storage space (including the Documents directory). (Like U3's storage space pie chart feature.), and make a built-in encryption utility ( with simple file encryption and maybe virtual drives) and try to make it simple as the Portable Apps Backup utility.
7. Turn the Options drop down menu into a button for an options window ( and with lots of options). With basic options like the ones found in Ceedo (a thingy similar to U3 and you can install it to any thumbdrive but it is a 30 day trial) and include other things.)
Ceedo Link: http://www.ceedo.com/
8. Redesign the apps list on the menu to make it more customizable. For instance allow features like separators, dragging and dropping, instant organization to list them in alphabetical order or order of how much space an app consumes. If you make the separator feature I suggested a reality make it so you can put text on the separator so for instance I wanted to make separators so I can organize apps by their category I might wanna add text like if I am organizing apps in the graphics category like Blender Portable and The GIMP Portable, on the separators I would wanna add the word Graphics on that separator. Also make it so I can highlight ( with many color choices of course) apps on the apps list to easily spot it.
9. Make a feature that strips the menu down to nothing so it resembles PStart ( for users that prefer simplicity) and make a button that returns the menu back to default. In addition make a custom strip feature that makes it so you can take some stuff off of the menu ( much like Firefox's customize toolbar feature) and make so you can put the removed stuff back on. And make this feature work via tragging and dropping.
10. Make a way to integrate the features of the portable apps themselves (for instance in Firefox Portable when you click an e-mail address make it launch a compose message window from Thunderbird Portable) and make it so other people can write scripts for their own portable apps. And with the upcoming WackGet portable like make it so in Firefox a download option appears for downloading in WackGet Portable.
11. Make a search utility for the search drop down menu in the Menu ( the one below the Help button.). It would be better using a stand alone since lots of people are trying to lead an IE free life plus the Windows search thing sucks and always did.
12. Maybe make an addons feature for the Menu ( much like Firefox extensions and Ceedo addons).
13. Make a utility that makes other apps portable ( from setup files to portable apps). Much like Ceedo's InstallAnything.
14. Make it so that you can manipulate the name listed on apps on the apps list. Like for instance I use Camstudio Portable all the things for that all have the same name ( this would be great to have that feature.
15. Make a way to autorun apps upon the starting of the Menu.
Viewers... feel free to submit your suggestions in this thread as comments.