Here's a 7-Zip PAF that I just finished. It was compiled using a modified version of the PA.c Launcher that I've been developing.
This is the latest stable build v16.04 with both 32-bit and 64-bit variants included.
Some Features Include:
- Better language handling.
- Associations are supported and easily customizable. To add your own file associations, open the
[Associations]add any extensions you wish to support. For example:
[Associations] 1=7z 2=001 3=rar 4=zip
For a list of all supported filetypes, open
AppInfo.ini and review the
Note: - Adding a lot of extensions can and will effect launch time. - Windows XP tends to cache icon resources which are inevitably visible even after exiting 7-Zip. - Windows 8 can be problematic and may require unlocking for some filetypes—i.e. when double-clicking on a supported file format and Windows asks you to select 7-Zip from a list. This is because Windows 8 has an implementation of a hash ID for associations. - Do not associate through 7-Zip! This will leave trash in the registry when you exit the program.
- SendTo is also available for any filetypes that aren't associated but are supported for use with 7-Zip.
- Added ability to use shell extension/context menu features. See user configuration file to enable. Do not enable this feature through 7-Zip!
- The user configuration file includes the following optional settings:
[7-ZipPortable] AdditionalParameters= ShellExtension=true RunLocally=false USBDevice=false Banner=false
- AdditionalParameters: Pass additional command-line switches.
- ShellExtension: (
auto) Enable/disable Shell Extension/Context Menu features. Requires administrative rights.
- RunLocally: (
false) Application is copied to and executed from
- USBDevice: (
false) Enable to prevent ejection/unplugging problems with removable devices. When
ShellExtensionis enabled, Windows Explorer tends to lock application's DLL(s). If enabled, PAF will ensure DLL(s) are unlocked.
- Banner: (
false) Enable/disable initialization banner.
For additional information refer to the ReadMe file on the GitHub project page.
Download 7-Zip Portable v16.04 Revision 3 from GitHub Releases (2.61 MB)
- MD5: 1B9A44C355F250209449D652F46C3895
- CRC32: BBD32745
New Updates/Features in Revision 3
- Updated the installer code to support giving the user the ability to choose which version of 7-Zip they'd like to install; 32-bit, 64-bit, and/or both variants.
- Gave the user the option to turn on/off support for file associations in the optional user configuration file.