New: Don't Sleep (Jul 11, 2022), Platform 22.0.1 (Jul 21, 2022)
400+ real apps (48GB), 1.05 billion downloads, Please donate.
Downloads From PortableApps.com Working Again
Why dont anyone create spotify apps. Nice to have these days.
E s p e n
...perhaps because "someone" forgot to tell us what exactly they are talking about...
Just a thought.
"I don't hate cats...as long as they stay on the freeway, where they belong."
- Brad Stine
Terms of service won't allow it (From the official site):
For the avoidance of doubt, you agree that you may not (without limitation):
1. copy, reproduce, “rip”, record, make available to the public or otherwise use any part of the Spotify Software Application or the Spotify Service or its content (including but not limited to tracks, images and text) in a manner not expressly permitted under this Agreement;
2. provide your password to any other person or use any other person's user name and password;
3. reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, modify or create derivative works based on the Spotify Software Application or the Spotify Service or any part thereof;
4. circumvent any technology used by Spotify or its licensors to protect content accessible through the Spotify Software Application and Spotify Service;
5. rent or lease any part of the Spotify Software Application or the Spotify Service; and
6. use the Spotify Software Application or the Spotify Service in a way that violates the terms of this Agreement
OK. I was looking for one myself and there is a single EXE file available from the spotify website.... http://www.danmw1.com/l/spotifyportable is a direct download link but if you go to https://www.spotify.com/uk/help/faq/wine/ and scroll down to troubleshooting, you can find a link for it there. not in PA format though, as it would be expected.. (BTW. Its actually ment to be run in Wine on Linux. :P)
any probs, get in touch....
I do not see the point of having a portable version developed for Spotify.
Spotify install file can be simply extracted using Winrar... there you should have an Exe file that can be run independently and copy/paste it wherever.
Link Here: [Link removed by your friendly neighbourhood moderator ZachThibeau - this isn't a legal portable version]
I used to be annoyed that there's no portable Spotify app. Then I discovered that Spotify has a web-based player at http://open.spotify.com
Ok, sure, you can't download local copies of your tracks, and it doesn't seem to work with mobile browsers, but still it works fine for me when I want to use Spotify on a desktop computer where I don't have administrator privileges.
I don't understand why Spotify doesn't promote the web player's existence. I came across it quite by accident.
If We Use A Portable Browser (Ex: Opera) And The Web Player From Spotify Then We Have A PORTABLE SPOTIFY!!!!!