- Windows 7 64
- Fast filesystem (I'm using Samsung Evo 960 PCIe drive)
- Start,exe located on fast filesystem
- user is automatically logging in after system startup
- shortcut to start.exe is added to startup folder: C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
- I'm using RamDisk: ImsDisk or SoftPerfect. Unfotunatelly - it is not a service, but program executed from HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CurrentVersion\Run
- RamDisk automatically mounts RAM drive, let's say T: and then creates T:\Temp folder
- Env vars %Temp and %Tmp both point to T:\Temp
System starts, user logs in, Start.exe is executed while T: partition is not ready yet or Folder %Tmp does not exist yet
PortableApps platform displays error messages (it depends):
Using ImsDisk - a bit slower startup:
Error 1050 (I'm not sure if I remember the number correctly) - error reading parttion
alternatively: Error 78
Using SoftPerfect 3.5.8 - a bit faster:
"Folder pointed by %Tmp does not exist"
Solution: It was enough to delay start of PortableApps platform for 1 second.