Had a broken portable apps setup on my desktop pc and two laptops I updated on.
In the end I got it all working again, and for other people and the devs I wanted to leave a note on this..
What I did was:
1. Rename the original portableapps folder to portableapps.old
2. Downloaded the v16 installer and installed as a Full version.
3. Moved all my installed apps over to the new install. Had to install a new app to see where it would end up...
4. Restarted the new portable app launcher.
Looking at the previous portable apps folder structure, and a fresh install, they are different. At least from my installed versions.
There seems to be some shuffling of data, and the location for the installed apps looks to have moved to the root of the portable apps folder install. Also, tne name of the .exe was changed as well.
It might be the thing that causes so many people problems, at least my shortcuts didn't work either
On my end a clean install solved my problems, but I also had to set the preferences again. Luckily it's all in plain ASCII to read.