Category: Music & Video
Description: FreeTube is a YouTube client for Windows, Mac, and Linux built around using YouTube more privately. You can enjoy your favorite content and creators without your habits being tracked. All of your user data is stored locally and never sent or published to the internet. FreeTube grabs data by scraping the information it needs (with either local methods or by optionally utilizing the Invidious API). With many features similar to YouTube, FreeTube has become one of the best methods to watch YouTube privately on desktop. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux thanks to Electron.
FreeTube is supported by the Privacy Redirect extension, which will allow you to open YouTube links into FreeTube. You must enable the option within the advanced settings for it to work.
Please, note that FreeTube Portable must be already started before using the browser extension.
How does it work?
- Watch videos without ads
- Two extractor APIs to choose from (Built in or Invidious)
- Subscribe to channels without an account
- Local subscriptions, history, and saved videos
- Organize your subscriptions into "Profiles" to create a more focused feed
- Export & import subscriptions
- Open videos from your browser directly into FreeTube (with extension)
- Mini Player
- Full Theme support
Download FreeTube Portable 0.15.0 Beta x64 Dev Test 1 [1.01+123MB download / 297MB installed]
Note: Please, note that FreeTube is still in beta progress, but it work very well
Project on GitHub
0.15.0 Dev Test 1 (2021-10-18): Update base app
0.14.0 Dev Test 1 (2021-09-05): Initial release for portableapps.com