First of all, let me start out by saying that I have been browsing these forums for quite some time and have gotten a lot of useful information, so thank you folks.
Here's my issue, I am running PA off a brand new Flash Voyager 2GB (limited tech budget won't allow me to go GT). Most of the applications run fine, but FFP is pretty slow. I assume this is due to the slower small file writing speed of the Voyager (something I wish I had learned from this site before my purchase).
I am attempting everything I can to speed up FFP and minimize the accessing of the drive.
Here is what I have done so far:
1. browser.sessionhistory.max_total_viewer set to 0
2. network.http.pipelining to true
3. network.http.proxy.pipelining to true
4. network.http.pipelining.maxrequests to 30 (yeah I know what this does to webservers sometimes)
5. config.trim_on_minimize to true
6. browser.sessionstore.enabled to false
7. Disabled History and Form Saving
8. Disabled Anti-phishing
9. Disabled cookies, except for the sites I need them on
10. converted drive to NTFS no security
I still see FFP accessing the drive quite often and have some delays when browsing and even typing.
I am running both 184.108.40.206 and 3-beta2 with these settings, 3-beta2 seems a little faster though.
The only extensions I am running are AdBlock+, FlashBlock, and DownThemALL.
Is there anything else I can do or anything I missed that can help tweak this up a bit more?
Thanks in advance,