Program: Winpooch Watchdog
License: Open Source/GPL
Description: detects, blocks spyware and trojans; associates with ClamWin to provide realtime AV protection as well.
Info: The main abilities are to control programs' attempts to:
* Be executed (Winpooch can also virus scan any executed files first)
* Be terminated
* Read files (Winpooch can also virus scan any read files first)
* Write files
* Read the registry
* Write into the registry
* Listening to ports (i.e. opening up incoming ports as servers)
* Connecting to other computers (i.e. opening up outgoing ports)
* Sending information to other computers through outgoing ports
Winpooch is open source (no liscenceing issues)and will associate with ClamWin AV, already a portable app. It would be a great idea to add an antispyware program to the PortableApps suite, especially since this one works with an app already in the suite. Winpooch adds realtime protection for viruses through ClamWin, one of the major features this app does not provide.
Sound like a good idea?