Hello there, I wrote the following program using AutoHotKey, it is still in development and may contain a few bugs, but hopefully in a few weeks or a few days most will be gone and a few new features added.
Here is what it does:
Allows you to change the attributes of a file, such as make it readonly, an archive, system, and hidden.
What I plan on adding to it:
A better Gui Support to change File Dates. Ability to change attributes of a folder and all the files in it.
Why I made this:
I found that many programs have the ability to change attributes but many cant be made portable. I also thought it would be usefull to be able to change file attributes on the go so there would be no need to have to write a batch file or open the command prompt.
TestingDone: Alright, I have actually tested this app out a lot, fixing some typos in the script and some obvious bugs that I could find. You should be able to use this as an administer and a limited user. This application has only been tested on an XP computer.
TestingWanted: I want to know from people testing this, what platforms it works on, and what can be changed/added to make this more efficient and user friendly.
Download: Attribute Changer Beta 3
(2008-06-22): Initial Release
(2008-06-23): Alpha 3
- Changed the location of the buttons.
- Made the current file attributes bold so you can see what attributes it already has before you apply other attributes.
(2008-06-24): Alpha 4
- Added ability to change file dates, Created, Modified, and Accessed
- Added support to see previous file attributes by reading the Settings.ini for that selected file.
- Added ability to see the selected file dates before changing them.
(2008-06-30): Alpha 5
- Added a restart button and a back button on the last window
- Now you select the file on the first window
(2008-07-05): Alpha 6
- Drag and drop added
- Couple of bugfixes and improvements
- Above done by Wraithdu
(2008-08-04): Beta 1
- Folder Select added
- Better Gui added
- Made program more user friendly
- Removed Data folder, and creation of .ini file
(2008-08-07): Beta 2
- Fixed a bug with the date gui
- Automatic and Manual Date set added
- New transparent icon
(2008-08-07): Beta 3
- Added Encryption abilities for files and folders of any attribute
Encryption: Since this is new, if you find any bugs or problems report them here, and if you know of ways to improve this then please post here, as I hope for this and many other functions to be working at their best.
This is my first AutoHotKey program, Im still learning AutoHotKey so be nice if something is wrong.