PeaZip Portable 2.9 has been released. PeaZip Portable is the easy to use PeaZip file archiver packaged as a portable app, so you can take your file archiver with you and work with your compressed 7z, ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2, TAR, RAR files and more on the go. This release updates the included PeaZip to the latest release. It's packaged in PortableApps.com Format so it can easily integrate with the PortableApps.com Suite. And it's open source and completely free.
PeaZip is a file archiver (compression) utility for Windows with a great array of features including:
- Edit, save and restore archive layouts
- Supported formats:
- Pack / unpack: 7Z, ARC, BZ2, GZ, PAQ/LPAQ, PEA, QUAD, TAR, UPX, and ZIP
- Unpack only: ACE, ARJ, CAB, DEB, ISO, LHA, RAR, RPM and more archive types...
- Apply multiple filters to archive contents
- Archive splitting and joining
- Encryption and secure deletion
- File comparison and checksum / hash (CRC, MD5, SHA...)
New In This Release
PeaZip was updated to 2.9 (release notes at bottom of linked page).
PortableApps.com Installer / PortableApps.com Format
PeaZip Portable is packaged in a PortableApps.com Installer so it will automatically detect an existing PortableApps.com installation when your drive is plugged in. It supports upgrades by installing right over an existing copy, preserving all settings. And it's in PortableApps.com Format, so it automatically works with the PortableApps.com Suite including the Menu and Backup Utility.
PeaZip Portable is available for immediate download from the PeaZip Portable homepage. Get it today!