IrfanView Portable 4.33 has been released. IrfanView Portable is a fast, compact and innovative graphic viewer for Windows supporting pictures, vector graphics, animated images, movies, icon files and much more. This release updates IrfanView to the latest release and better handles file associations when a local version is installed. IrfanView Plugins are now available as well. It's packaged in PortableApps.com Format so it can easily integrate with the PortableApps.com Suite. It is freeware for personal and educational use.
IrfanView Portable is packaged with permission from Irfan Skiljan.
Update automatically or install from the portable app store in the PortableApps.com Platform.
- Many supported file formats (click here the list of formats)
- Multi language support
- Thumbnail/preview option
- Paint option - to draw lines, circles, arrows, straighten image etc.
- Toolbar skins option
- Slideshow (save slideshow as EXE/SCR or burn it to CD)
- Show EXIF/IPTC/Comment text in Slideshow/Fullscreen etc.
- Support for Adobe Photoshop Filters
- Fast directory view (moving through directory)
- Batch conversion (with image processing)
- Multipage TIF editing
- File search
- Email option
- Multimedia player
- Print option
- Support for embedded color profiles in JPG/TIF
- Change color depth
- Scan (batch scan) support
- IPTC editing
- Effects (Sharpen, Blur, Adobe 8BF, Filter Factory, Filters Unlimited, etc.)
- Screen Capturing
- Extract icons from EXE/DLL/ICLs
- Lossless JPG rotation
- Unicode support
- Many hotkeys
- And lots more
PortableApps.com Installer / PortableApps.com Format
IrfanView Portable is packaged in a PortableApps.com Installer so it will automatically detect an existing PortableApps.com installation when your drive is plugged in. It supports upgrades by installing right over an existing copy, preserving all settings. And it's in PortableApps.com Format, so it automatically works with the PortableApps.com Suite including the Menu and Backup Utility.
IrfanView Portable is available for immediate download from the IrfanView Portable homepage. Get it today!
Gord, I added in file associations support for the platform, updated help assets, and fixed an outstanding bug.
And my favorite app is back on my flash drive again.
PAL made it a relatively easy fix once I had the chance to sit down and analyze what was wrong with IrfanView itself in terms of running a portable version on a machine with the local version installed, too.