HM NIS Edit Portable 2.0.3 Rev 2 has been released. HM NIS Edit is an editor/IDE for Nullsoft Scriptable Install System (NSIS). It's useful for experts and beginners in the creation of Setup programs with the NSIS. This release fixes a bug with finding NSIS and updated the launcher and installer. It works with NSIS Portable to make editing and compiling NSIS a snap. It's packaged in PortableApps.com Format so it can easily integrate with the PortableApps.com Platform. And it's open source and completely free.
- Multiple scripts edition and compilation interface (MDI).
- Translatable interface to any language (available in English, Spanish, Polish, French, Czech, Italian, Russian, Greek, German, Chinese, Ukrainian, Portuguese (Brazil), Korean).
- Syntax highlighting with customizable colors and text attributes.
- Wizard (special for beginner) that will guide for all steps to create a standard Windows Setup program.
- InstallOptions Designer.
- Script creation from template files.
- Code templates with most common commands.
- Basic NSIS command help with only move the mouse cursor over a command in the editor.
- Advanced NSIS command help pressing F1 key.
- Execution of the generate Setup program after script compilation (to try the setup program).
- Plugins support.
- No need bulky OCX or run time libraries.
- Install NSIS Portable in the same parent directory as HM NIS Edit Portable (typically X:\PortableApps) and HM NIS Edit Portable will automatically find and use it.
- Note: Only ANSI files are supported at present. Many PortableApps.com Launcher are now using Unicode.
Seeking App Developer
We are actively seeking a developer to take over HM NIS Edit development. It is written in Delphi 5 (ANSI). We would like to update it to Delphi 2009 or later (Unicode) and continue working on it to work with current and future NSIS Unicode scripts.
PortableApps.com Installer / PortableApps.com Format
HM NIS Edit Portable is packaged in a PortableApps.com Installer so it will automatically detect an existing PortableApps.com installation when your drive is plugged in. It supports upgrades by installing right over an existing copy, preserving all settings. And it's in PortableApps.com Format, so it automatically works with the PortableApps.com Platform including the Menu and Backup Utility.
HM NIS Edit Portable is available for immediate download from the HM NIS Edit Portable homepage. Get it today!