NSIS development environment
HM NIS Edit is an editor/IDE for Nullsoft Scriptable Install System (NSIS). It's useful for experts and beginners in the creation of Setup programs with the NSIS. It works with NSIS Portable to make editing and compiling NSIS a snap.
HM NIS Edit Portable works best with the PortableApps.com Platform
- Multiple scripts edition and compilation interface (MDI).
- Translatable interface to any language (available in English, Spanish, Polish, French, Czech, Italian, Russian, Greek, German, Chinese, Ukrainian, Portuguese (Brazil), Korean).
- Syntax highlighting with customizable colors and text attributes.
- Wizard (special for beginner) that will guide for all steps to create a standard Windows Setup program.
- InstallOptions Designer.v
- Script creation from template files.
- Code templates with most common commands.
- Basic NSIS command help with only move the mouse cursor over a command in the editor.
- Advanced NSIS command help pressing F1 key.
- Execution of the generate Setup program after script compilation (to try the setup program).
- Plugins support.
- No need bulky OCX or run time libraries.
- Install NSIS Portable in the same parent directory as HM NIS Edit Portable (typically X:\PortableApps) and HM NIS Edit Portable will automatically find and use it.
- Note: Only ANSI files are supported at present. Many PortableApps.com Launcher are now using Unicode.
- Publisher: Hector Mauricio Rodriguez Segura & PortableApps.com (Taffin Foxcroft)
- Date updated: 2012-05-23
- System Requirements: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10
- License: Free / Open Source (HM NIS Edit: zlib/libpng, Launcher: GPL)
- Source Code: Launcher (included), HM NIS Edit
- MD5 Hash: b43d8a8cf63f6e81e18fcbf9d341e9ba