PhotoFiltre Portable 7.0 Rev 2 has been released. PhotoFiltre is a complete image retouching program. It allows you to do simple or advanced adjustments to an image and apply a vast range of filters on it. It is simple and intuitive to use, and has an easy learning curve. This release adds full multilingual support and improved portability. It's packaged in PortableApps.com Format so it can easily integrate with the PortableApps.com Platform. PhotoFiltre is freeware for personal, non-profit and educational use.
PhotoFiltre is packaged for portable use with permission from the publisher.
Update automatically or install from the portable app store in the PortableApps.com Platform.
- Filters - Its wide range of filters allows novice users to familiarize themselves with the world of graphics. You can find the standard adjustment functions (Brightness, contrast, dyed, saturation, gamma correction) and also artistic filters (watercolor, pastels, Indian ink, pointillism, puzzle effect). There are more than 100 filters to be discovered!
- Vectorial selections - PhotoFiltre uses two types of vectorial selections. The first type uses automatic shapes (rectangle, ellipse, triangle, rhombus, rounded rectangle). The second type corresponds to the lasso and polygon. They both allow a customized form by drawing a shape by hand or using a series of lines. Every selection can be saved into a seperate file, to be used later on.
- Tool bar - The toolbar is primarily made up of drawing tools, such as pipette, displacement cursor, fill bucket, aerosol, brush, drop of water (blur), cloning stamp, smudge (finger) and magic wand.
- Brushes - PhotoFiltre has some standard brushes (round and square in different sizes), but also some more varied forms (oblique line, leave, star, etc...)
- PhotoMasque module - With PhotoMasque you can create advanced effects of contour and transparency on your images by using preset masks. These masks are grayscale images, where white is the transparancy color, while opacity increases as the shades of gray become darker. Black means complete opacity. PhotoMasque comes with several basic masks to inspire you to create your own masks.
- Automatisation module - This module allows you to apply basic functions/corrections (conversion, image size, framing) to a group of images.
- Other functions - Image browser, Plug-in management, Scanning of images using a TWAIN compatible device (scanner, webcam, photocamera), Transparency management for GIF images and exporting them to icons (16, 256 or 16 millions of colors), Advanced text effects (rotation, shading, bevel), Serveral types of contours and textures, Blending and assembling of images and more
Learn more about PhotoFiltre...
PortableApps.com Installer / PortableApps.com Format
PhotoFiltre Portable is packaged in a PortableApps.com Installer so it will automatically detect an existing PortableApps.com installation when your drive is plugged in. It supports upgrades by installing right over an existing copy, preserving all settings. And it's in PortableApps.com Format, so it automatically works with the PortableApps.com Platform including the Menu and Backup Utility.
PhotoFiltre Portable is available for immediate download from the PhotoFiltre Portable homepage. Get it today!
I wanted to single out tapsklaps for a thank you for some of his assistance in updating the language handling.
G Data finds malware
G Datas BitDefender Engine finds malware in this app.
Please check it.
Virus: Gen:Variant.Kazy.65831 (Engine A)
Please Report It
It seems to be another false positive in BitDefender's definitions. If you check the VirusTotal results you'll see it's just the G Data/BitDefender engine and those that share it showing the false positive.
Well, I stay away from this
Well, I stay away from this version until the false pos is resolved by F-Secure.
They use the same broken definitions as GData\BitDefender. That's why they're the only ones with an issue. Please report it to them so they'll fix their bugs.