Feed Notifier Portable 2.6 has been released. Feed Notifier is a Windows application that resides in the system tray and displays pop-up notifications on your desktop when new items arrive in your subscribed RSS or Atom feeds. It's packaged in PortableApps.com Format so it can easily integrate with the PortableApps.com Platform. And it's open source and completely free.
- Supports all common RSS and Atom web feed protocols.
- Clean look and feel with user selectable themes.
- Configurable polling interval for each feed.
- Configurable popup duration.
- Configurable popup size and position.
- Configurable popup transparency.
- Popups do not steal keyboard or mouse focus from other applications.
- Popups show item age and author.
- Navigation controls in popups to view next/previous items.
- Advanced keyword filtering options.
- Supports enabling/disabling individual feeds.
- Deactivates when user is idle to save bandwidth and processing time.
- Supports authenticated feeds that require a username and password.
- Supports using a proxy server.
- Displays favicon for feeds when available.
- Multi-threaded feed polling.
PortableApps.com Installer / PortableApps.com Format
Feed Notifier Portable is packaged in a PortableApps.com Installer so it will automatically detect an existing PortableApps.com installation when your drive is plugged in. It supports upgrades by installing right over an existing copy, preserving all settings. And it's in PortableApps.com Format, so it automatically works with the PortableApps.com Platform including the Menu and Backup Utility.
Feed Notifier Portable is available for immediate download from the Feed Notifier Portable homepage. Get it today!