A new version of SWI-Prolog Portable has been released. SWI-Prolog offers a comprehensive Free Software Prolog environment. Prolog is a general purpose logic programming language often used for artificial intelligence and computational linguistics. It's packaged in PortableApps.com Format so it can easily integrate with the PortableApps.com Platform. And it's open source and completely free.
- Kernel licensed under the LGPL. Prolog libraries are distributed under the GPL with an additional statement that allows for use in proprietary applications. Details can be found on the license page.
- fast compilation. E.g., loads 140,000 lines of code spread over 500 source-files in 2.3 seconds on an AMD 5400+ system.
- Robust and free of memory leaks. In use for several servers that run 24x7 (including this web-service).
- Small. The full development environment, including graphics, libraries and many interface packages requires approx.
- Scales well for large applications. No limits on program size, atom-length, term-arity or integer values. No performance degradation on predicates with many (indexed) facts.
- Unbounded integer and rational number arithmetic based on GMP library.
- Comprehensive set of built-in predicates, covering Part 1 of the ISO standard, the de-facto Edinburgh Prolog standard and important parts of Quintus and SICStus Prolog. Fair compatibility to Ciao, YAP and GNU-Prolog.
- And much more
PortableApps.com Installer / PortableApps.com Format
SWI-Prolog Portable is packaged in a PortableApps.com Installer so it will automatically detect an existing PortableApps.com installation when your drive is plugged in. It supports upgrades by installing right over an existing copy, preserving all settings. And it's in PortableApps.com Format, so it automatically works with the PortableApps.com Platform including the Menu and Backup Utility.
SWI-Prolog Portable is available for immediate download from the SWI-Prolog Portable homepage. Get it today!