A new version of Geany Portable has been released. Geany Portable is a cross-platform, GTK based Integrated Development Platform. You can work on simple text files, html, perl, python, NSIS and more with Geany. By using Geany Portable's built path-additions support, you can even configure Geany Portable so that Geany can use the compilers located locally on your flash drive. It's packaged in PortableApps.com Format so it can easily integrate with the PortableApps.com Platform. And it's open source and completely free.
- Path-based compiler support: By using the built in path addition support, you can have Geany located your needed compile for whatever langauge you are programming.
- GTK Based theming: You can configure GTK to allow Geany to be in your favorite GTK based theme.
- User Configurable Syntax Highlighting: Geany supports syntax highlighting configuration, so you can customize the style of your syntax highlighting, or visit Geany.org and download another user-contributed syntax theme.
- Geany Portable plugins are included in the base app.
- Cross-Platform. Use linux at work or on your netbook? Use Geany have unified experience coding, independent of your current platform. (Note, Geany Portable is windows only. Geany is available in many repositories for many Linux OS').
PortableApps.com Installer / PortableApps.com Format
This app is packaged in a PortableApps.com Installer so it will automatically detect an existing PortableApps.com installation when your drive is plugged in. It supports upgrades by installing right over an existing copy, preserving all settings. And it's in PortableApps.com Format, so it automatically works with the PortableApps.com Platform including the Menu and Backup Utility.
Geany Portable is available for immediate download from the Geany Portable homepage. Get it today!