text editor and basic IDE
Download from PortableApps.com
Geany Portable can run from a cloud folder, external drive, or local folder without installing into Windows. It's even better with the PortableApps.com Platform for easy installs and automatic updates.
- Path-based compiler support: By using the built in path addition support, you can have Geany locate your needed compiler for whatever programming language you are using.
- GTK Based theming: You can configure GTK to allow Geany to be in your favorite GTK based theme.
- User Configurable Syntax Highlighting: Geany supports syntax highlighting configuration, so you can customize the style of your syntax highlighting, or visit Geany.org and download another user-contributed syntax theme.
- Geany Portable Plugins are included in the app.
- Cross-Platform. Use linux at work or on your netbook? Use Geany and have unified experience coding, independent of your current platform. (Note, Geany Portable is Windows only. Geany is available in many repositories for many Linux OS').
- Publisher: Geany Team & PortableApps.com (Oliver Krystal)
- Date Updated: 2021-12-16
- Date Added: 2010-10-28
- System Requirements: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, 11
- App License: Open Source (GPL)
- Source: Geany, PortableApps.com Launcher, PortableApps.com Installer
- SHA256 Hash: 977d85789e5faa5d8a449200a714e7df4c0010b6ca78fb7fbb6e413b661f0482