IO Quake 3 Portable
Description: This project, ioquake3 (or ioq3 for short,) aims to build upon id Software's Quake 3 source code release. The source code was released on August 20, 2005 under the GPL. Since then, we have been cleaning up, fixing bugs, and adding features.
Our permanent goal is to create the open source Quake 3 distribution upon which people base their games and projects. We also seek to have the perfect version of the engine for playing Quake 3: Arena, Team Arena, and all popular mods. This distribution of the engine has been ported to many new platforms and has had a slew of new features added, along with massive bug extermination. While we don't have PunkBuster (and never will), we do have more security for servers and clients from various bug fixes which aren't in id's client. Please also note that the name of this project is ioquake3, as derived from the old name icculus.org/quake3.
License: GPL (Engine ONLY!)
Size: 26MB Setup, 468MB from CD-ROM, 487MB Installed
- Extract the launcher to your PortableApps folder
- Download the Installer and install the game
- Copy the files to PortableApps\IOQuake3Portable\App\ioquake3
- Copy pak0.pk3 from CD-ROM to PortableApps\IOQuake3Portable\App\ioquake3\baseq3
- Uninstall the game from your PC
- Delete the unins000.exe and unins000.dat from your portable folder
Notes: ioQuake 3 requires the official Quake 3 cd-rom, of which you still need a legitimate copy. If you don't own the official CD, check out Open Arena Portable Launcher ( https://portableapps.com/node/11789 )