I've been browsing the forums for a while, searching on how to launch tomcat, I don't know if I just missed some juicy part but through my frustration I created a bunch of file on how to successfully launch tomcat.
Here are the steps.
1. Download and Install JDK on your pc.
2. Copy the installed JDK on the root of the Portable Drive ( in my case I copied it inside a java directory and I used JDK 1.6 so my JAVA_HOME path is
3. Install XAMPP (I used the windows installer .exe)
4. Install the Tomcat Addons of XAMPPP
Install Tomcat Launcher.
1. Download TomcatLauncher.zip at http://www.savefile.com/files/1461879
2. unzip the files and copy TomcatLauncher directory in your portableApps directory
3. Restart your portableapps if it is running and double click the launcher
4. If it doesn't work, modify the BootStrap.bat by changing the JAVA_HOME path of the JDK to the right version of JDK installed on your portable drive and make sure that the tomcat directory exist inside XAMPP directory.
Note: XAMPP directory should be located on the root of your portable drive.
Thanks and Take Care,